Pages

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Further Evidence That I Am Secretly My Father

I have hurt my back. I am an overweight, 39-year-old woman who started working out two months ago, and now I have injured myself. And I thought I was being so careful. Now instead of acquiring a fit physique, I've got a new hobby of cringing and groaning.

It is not a surprise that I have hurt my back. It is one of two body parts that makes me feel that I am secretly a 60-year-old man. And if you think I'm going to tell you the other one, you are out of luck. But I will say it's not a prostate.

My three year old keeps asking where my back hurts, and when I point to the lower right side, she assures me that she will only touch my shoulder if I carry her. She is convinced my boo-boo is like her scraped knees, and as long as she doesn't touch it, it shouldn't hurt. She does not understand why I don't want to carry her adorable thirty-pound self around. And when she does not understand something, she is EXTREMELY VOCAL about it.

So between my "OOF" and her "MOMMY!" our home is an exciting, musical place to be. Wanna come over? There's something on that top shelf I need.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/03/2011

    Oh, I so sympathize. My back was already sore from the pregnancy... then I got rear-ended a week and a half ago and my back is a mess. Which is extra tough when you run a dayhome.

    No, kids, I don't want to pick you up and carry you around just for fun. *shudder*

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. All my sympathies, friend. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete